.chunking.express.

Original text in Portuguese, right below the English version - Picture by Uguz Araz

At a 24-hour diner.

Loads of dark rings under eyes, fuck, and I don't even have foundation, fuck it. My friend is here.

- Heya!

- Oie menina, tudo bom?

- Sweet... I'm starving!

- Ah, hi, I'd like orange juice with pão de queijo [Brazilian cheese bread] (I stopped and thought, fuck I am in New York, obviously there is no pão de queijo...)

- ORANGE JUICE???

- (still thinking about the pão de queijo) Omellete, please.

- Girl, since when do you drink orange juice??? You hate orange juice!

- (since she went away) Since she went away. I hate it but she loves it, ya know? It's like I could feel her...

- Dude, no comments, you need to do something about it...

I looked at Manhattan and saw how much I breathed the dualism of such beauty and abscence.

- I'm going to, in fact. I am already. Yo, one more juice, please.

- What are you going to do?

- I'm going to wait...


[................Original Text...............]

Num dinner 24 horas.


Olheiras aos montes, porra, e nem base tenho, foda-se. Minha amiga chegou.


- Oie!


- Hey girl, how's it going?


- Beleza... to morrendo de fome!


- Ah, oi, eu queria suco de laranja com pão de queijo (parei e pensei caralho to em New York, óbvio que não tem pão de queijo...)


- SUCO DE LARANJA???


- (ainda pensando no pão de queijo) omelete, please.


- Menina, desde quando você toma suco de laranja??? Você odeia suco de laranja!


- (Desde que ela se foi) desde que ela se foi. Detesto mas ela gosta, saca? É como se eu pudesse senti-la...


- Cara, sem comentários, você precisa fazer algo...


Olhei pra Manhattan e vi o quanto respirava o dualismo de tanta beleza e de tanta ausência.


- Vou fazer sim, alias já estou fazendo. Ow, me vê mais um suco, por favor?


- Vai fazer o que?


- Vou esperar...

0 comments:

 


Templates Novo Blogger 2008