To One More Day

(Original text in Portuguese and it is below the English version)

The train is creeping in softly, but it can never be discrete: the click-click, tum-tum in the rails announce its majestic arrival. It comes swiftly, waving here and there elegantly and I shut my eyes and it possess me completely when the breeze undulates my hair and it almost touches me (I smile), almost kisses me (I raise my little feet), almost, almost makes me fall into its arms. It is in this exact moment, when the train is just about to arrive that I imagine a young man of beautiful black straight hair, that all-over-your-face kind of hair, kind of indie guy, kind of everything, you know? he puts his arms on my waist, hug me from behind, and inhaling he’d sense my perfume on my neck and exhale “I gotcha” and would save me from my suicide. But yeah, in fact, today it was the melancholic mended saxophone fellow that has saved me, the tired guy, on his 50’s, unshaved, black and with a charming smile. His low notes pierced my heart and the high ones calmed down my feet that almost always want to jump. He did not know, but I live one more day because of him.
.
.
À Mais Um Dia

O trem se aproxima de mancinho, mas ele nunca consegue ser discreto: o click-click, tun-tun nos trilhos anunciam a sua majestosa chegada. Ele vem veloz, ondulando pra lá e pra cá com muita elegância e fecho meus olhos e ele me possui inteira quando a brisa esvoaça de leve os meus cabelos e ele quase me toca (eu sorrio), quase me beija (meus pezinhos se elevam), quase, quase me faz cair em seus braços. É neste exato momento, quando o trem está prestes a chegar que imagino um rapaz de lindo cabelo liso e preto, daquele jogado na cara, meio indie, meio tudo e nada, sabe? coloca suas mãos na minha cintura, me abraça por trás, e inspirando ele sentiria o meu cheiro no meu pescoço e exalaria um “I gotcha” e me salvaria de meu suicídio. Mas então, na verdade, hoje foi o moço melancólico do saxofone remendado que me salvou, o moço já cansado, de seus lá 50 e poucos anos, de barba mal feita, negro de pele e de sorriso encantador. Suas notas graves penetraram em meu coração e as agudas apaziguaram os meus pés que quase sempre querem saltar. Ele não sabia, mas vivo mais um dia por causa dele.

0 comments:

 


Templates Novo Blogger 2008